SUBMISSION GUIDELINES – LAS VEGAS LITERARY SALON PUBLICATION
- Eligibility: poetry, fiction, essays written in English, or bilingual with English translation.
- Writer must live, or have lived, in Northeastern New Mexico.
- Regional focus – Northeastern New Mexico, with submissions to be representative of the region.
- Original work not previously published elsewhere in print or online.
- Deadline: June 1, 2021.
- Submit an essay of no more than 750 words
- Submit short fiction manuscript of not more than 1500 words.
- Submit up to five poems with no single poem more than 32 lines long.
- Only one submission per writer, per category, please.
- Include a brief bio, publication information, cover page with name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and title of the manuscript, and a page with only the title.
- A manuscript may be submitted that is being considered elsewhere but Las Vegas Literary Salon should be notified upon the manuscript’s acceptance elsewhere.
- Submission format: PDF
- Submit by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailed submissions: LVAC, PO Box 2603, Las Vegas, NM 87701-2603
- The Collection (working title Northeastern New Mexico Tapestry: Poetry, Essays, Tales) will be published in November 2021.
- Selected authors will receive a copy of the published book as compensation. The book will be sold as a fund raiser for LVLS. All proceeds will go toward programming and organizational support with a small management fee to our fiscal sponsor, the Las Vegas Arts Council.
- Failure to follow these guidelines will automatically eliminate a submission from consideration.
- Send queries to: email@example.com (Do NOT send submissions to this address. Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to LVAC, PO Box 2603, Las Vegas, NM 87701-2603.